What a fantastic Super Bowl! I don’t know about you, but I treated myself to some Ruffles potato chips and french onion dip. After the game, I thought about throwing the chips away until I discovered I had some salmon and remembered a “Cooks Illustrated” recipe that my husband and I used to make often, but hadn’t made for a decade. Then, I was able to find a copycat recipe that I modified. Here’s my version below.
1 large salmon filet
Dijon mustard (enjoy to coat salmon)
2-3 handfuls of potato chips
2 tablespoons dill
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon on cooking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
- Squeeze dijon mustard on salmon and brush to coat evenly.
- Pulse chips, dill, lemon zest, and breadcrumbs in food processor until coarsely ground.
- Evenly distribute chip mix on salmon.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.Finish for 2-5 minutes on broil watching closely not to burn.