It’s Sunday morning at Casa di Calandrino and what’s cookin’? Pancakes! I had a couple extra ripe bananas so thought banana nut pancakes would be quite yummy. I was RIGHT.
First, you will want to get your whipped cream going while you are making your pancake batter and cooking your pancakes as that will take 10 to 15 minutes of constant whipping.
Whipped Cream Recipe
1 pint heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and whisk at medium speed until cream creates stiff peaks.
Now that the whipped cream is mixing, it’s PANCAKE TIME!
To start, I heated a nonstick griddle pan coated with a thin layer of lard at medium-low temperature. (Scroll to bottom for entire recipe.)
Then, I microwaved 1/3 cup of walnuts for 20 seconds to release its oils. I added to the bowl with mashed bananas and then mashed the nuts into the banana with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
I then added 1 cup of Kodiak Pancake Mix, 1 cup of milk, and 1 egg to the mixture and combined together careful not to overmix. To that mixture, I folded in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (optional).
Spoon the batter onto heated griddle.
Remove from griddle once cooked and serve with whipped cream.
Banana Nut Pancake Recipe (Serves 3 to 4)
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup Kodiak Pancake Mix
1 cup milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat nonstick griddle pan coated with a thin layer of lard at medium-low temperature.
- Microwave 1/3 cup of walnuts for 20 seconds to release its oils.
- Mash bananas in bowl and then mash nuts into bananas. Mix in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Add 1 cup of Kodiak Pancake Mix, 1 cup of milk, and 1 egg to the mixture and combined together careful not to overmix.
- Fold in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (optional).
- Spoon the batter onto heated griddle. Flip when small bubbles appear or the pancake is firm enough to flip and slightly browned on bottom. Cook the second side. It will not take as much time as the first so keep a close eye.
- Your second round of pancakes will cook faster than the first as the griddle is hotter than when you first started so be mindful of this.
- Serve with whipped cream. You can also put some butter or syrup on the pancakes, but they are pretty delicious without.