- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder – I use IDLife
- 1/2 cup egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
- 1 serving cup (approximately 3.2 oz) of natural applesauce
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Place raw, uncooked oatmeal in a blender or food processor and blend until it becomes fine flour. I used the Vitamix dry ingredient container to pulverize the oats. I then add the oatmeal powder to the wet ingredient container to blend.
- Add eggs, applesauce, protein powder, and baking powder and pulse blend until smooth.
- Toss blueberries into the batter and mix using a spatula or spoon.
- Place a skillet on medium heat (use Crisco or an oil to lubricate the pan) and measure out about 1/8 cup or 2 tbsp of batter per pancake.
- Cook them for about 45 seconds to 1 minute on the first side, and then about 30-45 seconds on the other side.
- Serve with a drizzle of Vermont Maple Syrup. You can also add some whipped cream if you’d like.
Adapted from http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/20-best-healthy-protein-pancake-recipes.html – Recipe #3