After a productive day at the office, I came home to make a meatless Monday meal. A few weeks ago, I enjoyed blue cheese in quiche for the first time at Mon Petit Cheri a fellow Winter Park Small Business.
I even filmed my cooking session. Although much to my dismay it was filmed sideways via Facebook live but this version has been edited for maximum ease of viewing.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 ounces mushrooms, drained
3 cloves garlic
1 bunch kale, stemmed and cut into ribbons
2 tablespoons four
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/3 cup blue cheese
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding mushrooms. Saute for about 3 minutes. Add kale and cook for 3 more minutes until kale is wilted. Add more olive oil is needed.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add your 2 tablespoons of flour and whisk together. Cook for roughly 30 seconds until lightly browned. Whisk in milk and cook for about 4 minutes until thickened. Add oregano and season with salt and pepper. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and whisk in cooled sauce. Spread vegetables in pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Pour egg mixture on top. Sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes on middle shelf and then broil for 4 to 5 minutes to crisp and brown top. Leave the quiche on the middle shelf when broiling.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before serving.
It’s even hubby approved.
Adapted from http://avocadoadaynutrition.com/2014/03/kale-mushroom-and-blue-cheese-quiche/